We are always on the lookout for fresh voices and new content to add to our journal and blog. The preferred method for submissions is either through sending an email to or sharing a Google Drive document with firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID-19 Pandemic Contributions Wanted
For our next issue, preference will be given to submissions that relate to the COVID-19 pandemic, and our collective response to it.
Do you have a perspective or experience related to the pandemic (or another, similar circumstance) that you believe is worth sharing? Do you have ideas for how communities and individuals can help each other, especially given the catastrophic failure of many government responses?
The next issue is scheduled for late May, 2020. If you are interested in contributing, please let us know as soon as possible. All contributions must be submitted by May 8, 2020.
If you have an existing piece of writing to submit, or if you want to write a new, original piece to be published in a future issue of Heretic, please do so.
Please keep the following in mind when submitting your writing:
- The editor will make any needed grammar/mechanics changes needed for you, but please proofread your work before submitting it.
- We accept articles of any length, although a minimum of 400 words is preferred (if you have a shorter piece than this, you can still submit it, but preference will be given to articles that fall within the previously stated word counts).
- You can write your article about any subject you want. (At times, a note will be posted to the top of this page asking for articles on specific subjects, but all subjects are still fair game.)
- If you have any images you would like included with your article, feel free to include them (unless you own the image, please only submit links to images from Wikimedia Commons that can be used free of charge).
Other Types of Submissions
If you would like to submit something to Heretic other than an article, we would be happy to accept provided that it falls under the scope of what Heretic aims to do.
Other, non-article submissions could be:
- Short stories
- Book/movie.show/music reviews
- Any other idea you have
If you would like to contribute to the Heretic blog, we will accept all submissions mentioned previously.
(Of course, the blog is always a good place for shorter and/or less-polished pieces of content.)
- Heretic is not an echo chamber – preference will be given to pieces that are written with a applicability to a broad audience.
- While we are open to including content from a wide variety of viewpoints, Heretic will not, under any circumstances, publish content that is:
- Promoting violence
- Generally rude and degrading towards any group or individual.
If you are interested in contributing to the Heretic, please consider joining the Heretic Contributors Facebook group.